Sandler Partners, one of the largest master agencies in the telecommunications brokerage and consulting industry, is seeking an Events Marketing Coordinator to join our team. We are a dynamic, high growth Company who has been consistently included on the annual Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies for each of the last several years.
We are looking for a creative and talented Events Marketing Coordinator to assist our Events Marketing team with managing the planning, execution and post-event activities associated with an annual National Summit, wide variety of regional events and virtual webinars that the Company conducts throughout the year. This role requires an individual who is proactive, detail-oriented and has a passion for event planning. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA and reports to the Director of Event Marketing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with leadership and Marketing department to understand the goals and requirements for events, from ideation to completion. Research industry events in each market, identify event opportunities and propose new concepts for event execution.
- Assist in the development of event proposals, summaries, and surveys.
- Maintain event calendars for internal attendees. Develop and track project lists and timelines for events and the associated planning process.
- Assist with event logistics including venue selection, vendor relations, production timeline, catering, AV/tech needs and more. Coordinate and oversee shipping items and collateral for non-local events.
- Produce virtual webinars as directed.
- Coordinate and ensure follow through on all pre-event activities, including registration and the invitation management process.
- Coordinate the acquisition of sponsor deliverables and manage communications on upcoming deadlines.
- Develop and maintain detailed records for each event including attendance, expense reconciliation and budget information.
- Track and order event supplies and promotional items.
- Manage the collection of event presentation slides within given deadlines.
- Coordinate and oversee travel booking for event attendees as required for
- Participate in on-site registration to ensure seamless check-in process.
- Provide concierge type services to attendees and staff to ensure a positive experience.
- Assist with resolving routine and complex issues that arise before and during events.
- Report on various event related metrics including closure rates, demographics and survey results. Assist with organizing, following-up, tracking and documenting any results from the post- event evaluation processes.
- May assist with special event projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience in event planning, operations, logistics and delivery is strongly preferred.
- Creative thinking.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively manage, prioritize and follow through on a diverse workload with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must possess a professional demeanor and have the ability to work with many types of people with varying business experience and backgrounds.
- Well-developed skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other Windows-based or Mac computer applications. Must demonstrate high proficiency and experience with Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Prezi and/or other presentation software.
- Well-developed skills in Zoom, GoToWebinar, and other unified communication platforms. Must be able to perform meeting host duties such as how to share screen, highlight speakers, mute and unmute participants, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management systems and event app and registration software.
- Must be detail, process and quality oriented. Possess strong organizational skills including excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be motivated by working in a high energy sales environment with the ability to do independent as well as team planning and goal setting.
- Must be able to keep calm and perform within tight deadlines and in high pressure atmosphere.
- High level of integrity and discretion with an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information.
Ability to travel 25% of the time and work extended or significantly prolonged periods of time, particularly just before and during events.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in marketing, communications or a related area preferred.
- 1-2 years of administrative and event coordination experience desirable but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented combined with the ability to effectively balance multiple projects.
Compensation and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position; the rate will be commensurate on experience. This position is regularly subject to working significantly prolonged, non-standard, and/or flexible hours due to the nature of planning and producing events. Hours will need to flex to meet the requirements of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit your information below:
Sandler Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.