We are looking for a candidate who is an energetic and motivated self-starter who is interested in launching into a career in sales. As a Channel Manager (Sales Representative), you will be responsible for helping to build our business by identifying, attracting, and converting leads and prospects into agents (partners) through our indirect sales distribution model.
This position is based in our Redondo Beach, CA office, reports to the SVP of Sales and Complex Solutions, and comes with a training program where you will learn about our sales process and industry. You will collaborate closely with internal teams and will represent Sandler Partners at networking and industry related events. This is currently a remote position due to COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attract new agent leads through networking at events and following up on leads through referral sources.
- Proactively source, follow up, track, and convert viable agent prospects into actively selling agents.
- Negotiate agent agreements with new and existing partners.
- Facilitate ongoing agents account management by maintaining relationships post-conversion with agents by providing support, information and guidance on providers and solutions within Sandler Partners portfolio.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational training, reviewing professional publications, establishing a network, and benchmarking state of the art practices.
- Strengthen, enhance, and protect Sandler Partners brand and reputation among our key audiences, including existing and potential agents, carriers, and employees.
- Travel to Sandler Partners sponsored events, meetings, and industry related events (approx. 50% a year).
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent customer service, time management skills, with excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Outgoing personality that can easily strike up meaningful conversations with a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to build partnerships and drive results.
- Motivated by working in a high energy sales environment as well as strongly sales oriented with the ability to do independent sales planning, sales and goal setting.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. An emphasis in business administration, Marketing, Communications or a related area preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working in sales, customer service, marketing or related area helpful.
- Previous experience in telecommunications or related industry helpful but not required.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Compensation – this is an exempt position; salary may vary based on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic A&D Life Insurance. 401(k) Plan with employer match.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- Casual dress.
Sandler Partners, an industry leader in the telecommunications brokerage and consulting industry, is a dynamic, high growth, innovation-focused company who, for the last 11 years in a row, has been consistently included on the annual Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies. We deliver best-in-class telecom, cloud, mobility, and continuity solutions from over 200 suppliers through a network of more than 7,000 sales partners to thousands of small, medium and enterprise organizations nationwide.
Submit your information below:
Sandler Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or protected military/veteran status, genetic characteristics, ancestry, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.